LyondellBasell North America - Ok atmosphere. Not so good management | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell North America

"Ok atmosphere. Not so good management"

Former Employee - IT Analyst
Former Employee - IT Analyst

I worked at LyondellBasell North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are content with ok salary and benefits.

Cons

Elite management. In IT, management suffers. Feedback is from up-down; never feedback from down-up.

Advice to Management

Management is replaceable. Get good people to lead the company.

Other Employee Reviews for LyondellBasell North America

1. "Poor Transition"

Former Intern - Chemical Engineer Co-Op in La Porte, TX (US)
    Former Intern - Chemical Engineer Co-Op in La Porte, TX (US)

I worked at LyondellBasell North America as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given real projects to complete. The culture here is great. Safety is definitely number one at this site.

Cons

Housing is not provided at all. I felt underworked at times. I sometimes felt like I was pushed to the side, and too many people resigned during my short 4 month term.

Advice to Management

Your transition to a new setup for upper management is affecting ALL employees. Losing senior engineers is creating an age gap that is forcing young engineers to take on roles that only experienced engineers should take. Yes, there are quite a few engineers available to replace them, but not all of them have the talents and/or experience that some of the engineers you are letting go have.

2. "Had a fabulous training culture before all the company ownership changes. Don't know now."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Morris, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Morris, IL (US)

I worked at LyondellBasell North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company really "got it" in terms of how to retain, attract, grow and promote Engineers in an engineering-driven industry. Engineers who could / would cross over into the business side became senior managers. Engineers who crossed over into the Project Services world, progressed well in their careers. Engineers who liked being engineers also progressed well and were appreciated effectively for their contribution to the company. Corporate processes and systems seemed to be aligned. In my experience, I worked with progressive, professional people

Cons

Sold the company to private industrialist, which forever changed the culture because the organizational matrix and even the ownership got turned upside down.