M&G - Very good company to work for | Glassdoor.co.uk

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at M&G full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great company to work for. They support you in all your educational needs and career development. There are so many training sessions. The people are friendly and work life balance is excellent. Another plus is that they really like to keep their employees so they encourage secondments and it is not difficult to move within the company, provided you prepare yourself.
Another plus is that HR trains staff very well to support women in their careers even during pregnancy/maternity. I recently had a baby and I was initially scared that my career opportunities would suffer because of my pregnancy, but not at all.
I wish more companies were like this, so very recommended!

Cons

Of course on the other side is compensation. The company definitely doesn't pay as well as others, but then again, the work atmosphere is much better and life-work balance more than compensates for less pay.

Personally I think another con is the Company's disinterest in incorporating ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria in the investment process. The company says that they do look at these issues as part of the process, but it is easy to say but hard to prove if you do not have a person/department looking into this actively and benchmarking. This is perhaps the only reason why I would choose another Asset Manager, but that is something very personal.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great first job"

Former Employee - Commercial Management Graduate in London, England
    Former Employee - Commercial Management Graduate in London, England

I worked at M&G full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, friendly employees, rotational program is beneficial to gain a holistic view of the business

Cons

Compensation is below the curve compared to competitors, sub-par benefits compared to current employer, HR department is particularly useless and to a certain extent inhibits graduate development especially to those who fancy a cross-departmental move

Advice to Management

Invest in a technology consultant, company lacks innovation

"Amazing company to work for"

Former Intern - Investment Analyst! in London, England
    Former Intern - Investment Analyst! in London, England

I worked at M&G as an intern

Pros

(i) believes in staff development (ii) environment that fosters critical thinking and debate (iii) flat structure where even the CEO sits on the floor, allows rapid information sharing (iv) amazing co-workers who are excellent and passionate (v) management that thinks ahead (vi) one of the lowest employee turnover rate in the city (vii) great work-life balance (viii) human resource / recruitment team that truly listens and care for your well being

Cons

(i) lack of standard procedures might led to inefficiencies

Discover more reviews about M&G.