"Great concept (initially)"

2.0

I have been working at MHN Government Services

Pros

It is a wonderful opportunity to provide supportive services to military members and their families in the USA and OCONUS. Initially the pay was very respectable. Eventually received health benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Over the years there were significant "contractor benefit" reductions including multiple pay cuts, sharing vehicles with co-workers when on OCONUS assignments, and housing for long term assignments (meaning 6 - 12 months) was inadequate (eg. having only a microwave and a mini-fridge to prepare meals with) in a room with a bed, small desk and desk chair. Could feel micromanaged and infantilized by management at times. No personal/sick days or vacation time (very challenging when on long assignments) until relatively recently.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Military Family Life Counselor"

5.0
    Military Family Life Counselor in National City, CA

I worked at MHN Government Services for less than a year

Pros

MHN Government services is a very organized and team oriented organization. I enjoyed the assignment of working directly with the school system. I also found the materials to be innovative and much needed for student and family success with handling deployments.

Cons

Flexibility for employee sick leave would be helpful.

Continue reading
  2. "Intermittent employer."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Contractor - MFLC - Military and Family Life Counselor in New Orleans, LA

I worked at MHN Government Services for more than 5 years

Pros

Initially good pay, however, that fluctuated after contract was renegotiated.

Cons

Due to the nature of government contracts, there is job instability.

Discover more reviews about MHN Government Services.