MHR - Hard work pays off | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Head of Department in Nottingham, England

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot believe some of the negative comments I have read on this site. Yes, I do work hard and put in extra work when required, and am even sometimes under a little pressure. I also met someone I did not get on with once, but is this not normal in almost every place of work. There seems to be some disgruntled people who have left MHR for one reason or another. I cannot speak for them, but I can comment on my experience. In my 3 years of working at MHR, I have been promoted twice and had three pay rises. I work alongside some of the most talented people I have ever met. I have requested, attended and passed exams for two career training courses, which the company has paid for in full, along with my hotel, food and travel expenses. I have also attended countless internal courses organised by our fantastic Training Department. My meals here are discounted and I don't have any car parking costs, which potentially saves me hundreds of pounds every month. I consider myself fortunate that I get a car allowance and above average pension contributions paid for me. I am proud to wear a suit and tie every day, in my modern heated/air conditioned office using the most up to date technology available. MHR is always expanding, its innovative and our products are at the cutting edge of technology. I choose my office hours, meaning I can start early, so I get home before 5.30pm almost every evening to have dinner with my young family and spend quality time with them. If you are talented, hard working and willing to learn, (and dress smartly) then MHR is a great place to work. If your not, it's not.

Cons

Occasional lack of resource. Communication between employees and senior management is redundant in many areas. Lack of a company wide social experience for employees and their families, such as a summer or Christmas function.

MHR2019-05-21

"Software Developer Intern"

I worked at MHR

Pros

Good boss Friendly co-workers who are willing to share Have experienced engineers who are willing to teach Team buildings and outings

Cons

Need to wear suits The location of the company is a bit far, you better have a car

MHR2018-02-20

MHR Response

February 21, 2018Content Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving your review, I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at MHR. We're really proud of our teams and the great work they achieve across the business. The sharing and open culture you mention is something that we are also working hard to nurture and grow further. In terms of location, although not in central Nottingham, our offices are still very accessible by public transport, however we understand your point. I wish you all the very best for the future. Jeanette Wheeler Head of HR

Continue reading

"Not bad but could do more to retain staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grantham, NH
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at MHR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

State of the art canteen, improving benefits, career progression opportunities

Cons

Could be more flexible, recoup of training fees, could improve work life balance

MHR2017-02-13

Discover more reviews about MHR.