Cover image for Marks & Spencer

8 Nov 2023
      Customer Assistant
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Employee Discount and that’s about it -No skill required -Most managers in store are caring

Cons

-Pay is worse than any other supermarket. -Managers pressurising you to rush and work at an unrealistic pace. -They just released that their profits were up 56% yet there will be nothing more in terms of even matching other supermarkets hourly wage. -There isn’t a consistent Christmas Bonus -The work gets very tiring and repetitive. -Think we are robots and sick days aren’t allowed they have all these policies which certainly are made up and don’t align with the legal system especially around their sick day system.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        28 Nov 2023
        Receptionist
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly peeps and great environment.

Cons

I don’t have any that I can think of.

Hi, thank you for such kind words, your feedback is appreciated. Marks and Spencer

1. 5.0
          23 Nov 2023
          Marketing Coordinator
          Current Employee, more than 3 years
          Los Angeles, CA
          Business Outlook

Pros

amazing, great, good, spectacular, wow

Cons

none i loved it here

Hi there, thanks for such a wonderful review! Marks and Spencer

Discover more reviews about Marks & Spencer.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Analytical Chemist

Do you experience that how long the hiring process would take at Thermo Fisher? I got my second interview with hiring manager at the beginning of November but I haven’t heard nothing from them. When I’ve emailed them to check in they just said that the process would be slow, no time frame. I would be able to get an offer soon from other company but work as contractor. Should I wait for Thermo Fisher?

7 Comments

KPMG

Booz Allen Hamilton Recently applied and I've been referred for an interview! Any tips on interviewing with Booz Allen? And if I am being asked to complete clearance and background upfront, is this a good indicator for being hired?

3 Comments

Alex L.

Applied for a job a few weeks back, got a call from HR yesterday morning about an interview next week. She mentioned she'd shoot me an email with all the interview details, but so far, my inbox is empty. Assuming I'll hear from her early next week, is it normal for them to expect me to show up for an in-person interview on short notice, like couple days?

3 Comments