"Bad place for analysts"

1.0

I worked at Marshall Wace North America full-time

Pros

Firm was growing in assets. Employees were friendly.

Cons

Five star reviews not accurate, likely written by HR. They sell you hard on the firm upfront when you get an offer and claim turnover is very low with upward mobility. In reality analysts get fired arbitrarily without warning for non-performance related reasons. Very political place with fiefdoms all around. Promotions and job stability based on playing political games and not merit. The firm is cheap and underspends on resources. Most analysts are underpaid. They do not give analysts laptops and mobile devices. Management in US does not understand how to run the fundamentals fund side of business.

Marshall Wace North America Response

October 16, 2017Office Manager/HR Coordinator

We are disappointed by the comment posted. We accept that some ex-employees have a different view of the organisation. We believe this is certainly not representative of the culture within Marshall Wace and we work tirelessly to maintain a vibrant, entrepreneurial environment in which employees can thrive. The investment culture runs deep within the organisation, and we also benefit from a flat and open structure that rewards success.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Best in Class Firm"

5.0
     in New York, NY

I have been working at Marshall Wace North America

Pros

- Marshall Wace North America takes the hiring process very seriously, and aims to hire the very best people. - CEO encourages innovation. - True meritocracy. - Great benefits (catered breakfast and lunch, 401k, health insurance, gym reimbursement, and more). - The best part of the firm is the people you work with.

Cons

This is a best in class organization, and there are no “cons” that come to mind.

Continue reading
  2. "Good place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Marshall Wace North America full-time

Pros

Great culture. Flat organization and everyone is well heard/respected

Cons

Can seem slow moving at times on certain things

Discover more reviews about Marshall Wace North America.