Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Marston's a career for life

Nov 22, 2021 - Menu development coordinator in Wolverhampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Marston's for twenty years in various different roles and currently work within the food team. I started with Marston's in pubs as an assistant manager and worked my way up in pubs before moving to head office as part of the central support team. I worked within the EPoS department, using experience gained within pubs before moving to the food team, again bringing with me a vast array of experience and skills. Marston's have supported me through my career and encouraged me to progress my career within the business. To support my career progression I have the ability to do training courses and have regular one to ones with my line manager to discuss my development. Marston's have been very supportive during the pandemic and have looked after their employees and enabled flexible working to enable me to manage my personal and work life balance.

Cons

Not really a con, but like any company Marston's need to adapt to survive and with this comes constant change and rethinking of ways of working and approach to to way we tackle projects. At time things can seem a little hectic whilst new processes are instigated but things eventually calm down and new processes become routine.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Marston's Response

This is brilliant feedback, thankyou for taking time out of your day to share this with us. I am glad you have enjoyed your time being at Marston's and all the experiences you have had along the way. With the feedback you have gave we can now expand and work on the company to make it better than it is now. Thankyou for your response.

1. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not a bad stop gap job

May 2, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

good atmosphere Lots of flexibility in shifts

Cons

ended up with poor discount on shift meals

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marston's Response

Resourcing Channel Lead

Thanks for your review and all the best for the future. Marston's

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I've really enjoyed my time at Marston's

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Marston's are genuinely committed to doing their best for the business and each other - there's a really nice atmosphere and culture

Cons

We sometimes go after too many things, and the real priorities can get lost in noise as a result

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Marston's.