McMillan - What happened to McMillan? | Glassdoor.co.uk

"What happened to McMillan?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This used to be an amazing place to work. The culture was phenomenal. Moral was always high. Work was a bit dull, but still thriving. Work/life balance was decent. Salaries and profit sharing was decent.

Cons

Things started going down hill really fast after the new CEO was announced. Empty promises. Failed company ambitions. A major shift in culture. Now, moral is at an all-time low. Clients don’t see us as trusted advisors and work/projects are dwindling. Layoffs are frequent and significant. And the CEO doesn’t even know my name, or my title for that matter.

Advice to Management

What happened to you guys!? Seriously. Check your egos.

McMillan2019-04-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Unique, supportive and well-balanced culture"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager

I worked at McMillan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The agency was founded in 1996. So it is young enough to be fresh, exciting and open to new ideas. But it is established enough to have a solid HR function, well-trained and supportive managers, and an excellent work-life balance. As an agency, the clients' needs can often tip that balance during busy times but the agency is very accommodating to balance things out appropriately. It is a very fun, laid-back yet... professional environment. And with clients across the US and Europe, there are opportunities for more global exposure--and from time to time, travel.

Cons

The only cons I can think of are actually consistent with any creative agency of that size (80 people, +/-). Internal communication can be challenging and the inherent 'tension' that can exist between clients and creative pops up now and again.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture the amazing culture that exists. Develop talent from within the ranks.

McMillan2017-05-05
  2. "Amazing"

Former Intern - Freelance Translator in Lima, Lima Region

I worked at McMillan

Pros

At McMillan they take cancer very seriously

Cons

Enter at least five words for Cons

Advice to Management

Drink less coffee

McMillan2019-11-07

Discover more reviews about McMillan.