MediaMath - A great blend of awesomeness | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for MediaMath

"A great blend of awesomeness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath (More than a year)

Pros

So far the company has lived up to everything that was promised. Still has the exciting start up feel but the growth within the company is very exciting and the direction has been discussed with all across the company. MediaMath offers all the cool perks expected within the industry such as free food and drink, cool working environment and social events but it is more the empowerment you get offered which is very hard to come by.

Cons

One massive downfall which has been mentioned on previous reviews is the lack of office space at both offices. With such growth planned, the worry is that we will eventually have to sacrifice our chill out areas which is one of our benefits. Meeting room availability is a massive pain as well, especially when you need to make last minute calls.

Advice to Management

Hard to criticize management considering how well things have gone since joining, only advice would be more communication to staff around office move and also to keep the great perks such as Friday lunch, monthly drinks and the cool culture.

Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath

1. "2015 Summer Review"

Current Employee - Applications Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to make friends in the company - parties, sports events, charity challenges, nights out, nights in, etc.
    Senior management are human.
    There seems to be a lot of interest and support for employees' career-specific personal development.
    'Easter eggs' every-so-often
    BUPA
    Pension Contributions
    Life Assurance
    Fortnightly Massages
    Free lunch every Friday

Cons

Haven't thought of any yet

"Still happy!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great team here in the UK, and a supportive fun culture too. Personally I have a lot of scope to innovate and create - we are always encouraged to try things out even if it proves to later be unsuccesful - as a result I feel very supported and trusted (which is important to me). My manager is brilliant too so that's a massive plus.

Cons

Number 1: too many dial in meetings! Everything needs to go up to the US at some point which slows things down - plus isn't necessarily the most effective way to achieve results (each region knows their own marketplace best!). Additionally there isn't much in the way of global processes or resources - everything is US centric (without a definitive structure to make it non US specific) so it is up to individuals to ensure this is done, which can be time consuming and frustrating.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the global outreach - invest in some additional means other than dial in calls to disseminate information - be inventive! Reflect further on how much ownership is needed by the US teams - the other regions should be granted more in order to really excel

MediaMath Response

22 May 2015 – Managing Director, EMEA

Thanks for leaving such a thoughtful and constructive review! I am thrilled that you feel empowered and trusted by your team and manager to try new things. Innovation is critical to achieving our ... More