Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Just adding this So I can use Glassdoor...really good

May 9, 2022 - Rides Host (Day Shift) in Thorpe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work last worked there in 2017 but can't go back that far on this site. I don't really want to add my current employer as this is my throwaway account. Had great fun working for Thorpe park during my summer holidays and over fright nights. I was there for 3 seasons.

Cons

It's only a part time job for me so I don't really have any cons. I would imagine full time the pay is low as it is low skilled but the atmosphere is great and the friends you can make are amazing.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great people

May 15, 2022 - Guest Experience Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company with many sites so lots of variances depending on local management, however, general organisational culture create a very people-centric company that generally offers a well-balanced work life.

Cons

Pay is often lower than competitors but generally on par within the attractions industry.

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

! LDC BOSTON ! - high turnover

May 10, 2022 - Guest Experience Host in Somerville, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At LDC Boston, you get a 30% discount on LEGO which is awesome, and you have passes you/friends & family can use to go to any Merlin attraction. The special events and adult nights are really fun, and there is a very amicable and social atmosphere. You also have a lot of control over your schedule, many people only work 1-2 days, and as a student it's great because I've set it up with them so my schedule is the same every week to accommodate my classes. Time off requests will essentially always be approved with 14days notice (as long as it's not during a school holiday).

Cons

There is ridiculously high turnover rate, I've been an employee for about a year and outside of management, there are only 2 people who have been here longer than me. We are chronically understaffed and it leads to very quick burnout. It's not anyone's fault in particular, but it makes working there more stressful than it needs to be.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Merlin Entertainments.