"Derry company going places"

5.0

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

I am joining my other colleagues to relate the positive things about working at Meta. Its a great place to get real experience, particularly if its your first job. The company has an active policy of recruiting outside of the IT industry and training people up. Not everybody makes the grade. I like the fact that they are ballsy enough not to let standards fall. People are promoted from within. I came in with no IT experience and have exceed my wildest expectations in terms of growth and take home pay. This is not a UK or American blow in. This is a Derry based company that is in it for the long term. Its a family run business which means the top guys are committed. Being a small town there are other people in the org that are related. I have not seen any kind of nepotism. Although I hear sour grapes from people who have not fitted in or who have a inflated view of their own importance. Its the same in every company. I believe the management have improved benefits significantly compared to the other places I have worked before.

Cons

Lots of millennials! There's noo satisfying these lads. Some think that because they live in the Republic the company should set up a seperate health care program for them! Sexism: HR sides with the female staff and turns the air conditioning off cause they are too cold! Even though its roasting. There was not enough pizza at the One Direction event.

Continue reading

MetaCompliance Response

HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It is clear you have made a success of the opportunities afforded to you at MetaCompliance and feel passionate about the company. We love the passion and no doubt that is part of what has carried you so far but please, try to keep positive about colleagues who may not be of the same frame of mind as yourself just yet. Leave it to us to take the negative feedback on board as well as the positive and keep enjoying your work here and your personal growth and development! We promise to have more pizza ordered for the next all staff event and your comment on coaching throughout the company is also duly noted and has in fact already started. Thanks once more for your support in highlighting your positive experience working here.

Other Employee Reviews

"Good experience overall but some bad decision making"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Some lovely genuine people that work in Metacompliance -Central location -Good opportunity to progress if you want -Well organised nights out

Cons

-Do not offer flexible hours or overtime pay -Have obvious favorites in certain teams, if you don't work overtime for free then you rarely get recognized -Too many middle managers who don't know what they're doing who get promoted to ensure they won't leave the company. -The boss's only concern is the sales team hence why he forced everyone to read a navy seal book! Sales and the training team are the only people getting bonus's when other teams like Support/Dev deserve it also. -A lot of posers in the office who feel they're too good to make conversation (particularly sales)

Continue reading

"Work hard and be rewarded!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Support in Derry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity for growth Full training provided Structured

Cons

Remote working not fully operational but the company is getting there. Salary is thought to be more important than other benefits.

Discover more reviews about MetaCompliance.