MetaCompliance - Derry company going places | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Derry company going places"

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time

Pros

I am joining my other colleagues to relate the positive things about working at Meta. Its a great place to get real experience, particularly if its your first job. The company has an active policy of recruiting outside of the IT industry and training people up. Not everybody makes the grade. I like the fact that they are ballsy enough not to let standards fall. People are promoted from within. I came in with no IT... experience and have exceed my wildest expectations in terms of growth and take home pay. This is not a UK or American blow in. This is a Derry based company that is in it for the long term. Its a family run business which means the top guys are committed. Being a small town there are other people in the org that are related. I have not seen any kind of nepotism. Although I hear sour grapes from people who have not fitted in or who have a inflated view of their own importance. Its the same in every company. I believe the management have improved benefits significantly compared to the other places I have worked before.

Cons

Lots of millennials! There's noo satisfying these lads. Some think that because they live in the Republic the company should set up a seperate health care program for them! Sexism: HR sides with the female staff and turns the air conditioning off cause they are too cold! Even though its roasting. There was not enough pizza at the One Direction event.

Advice to Management

Expand the use of coaching into every department.

MetaCompliance2018-09-02

September 3, 2018HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It is clear you have made a success of the opportunities afforded to you at MetaCompliance and feel passionate about the company. We love the passion and no doubt that is part of what has carried you so far but please, try to keep positive about colleagues who may not be of the same frame of mind as yourself just yet. Leave it to us to take the negative feedback on board as well as the positive and keep enjoying your work here and your personal growth and development! We promise to have more pizza ordered for the next all staff event and your comment on coaching throughout the company is also duly noted and has in fact already started. Thanks once more for your support in highlighting your positive experience working here.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Rewarding environment"

Current Employee - Sales in Derry, Northern Ireland

I have been working at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

MetaCompliance is a fast-paced ambitious company. This means that if you're fast-paced and ambitious then you'll succeed and be highly rewarded. The company is using some of the best software available to equip every area of the business to deliver the best results. Management always encouraging everyone to think of themselves as competing and winning against the best in the world, which really encourages you to up... your game. The opportunity for growth and development is endless, on many occasions you find yourself at events and courses with your entire team, whilst other often larger organisations only send one person, this really gives you a sense that the company care about you and that the cost of development is irrelevant.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people to join the already great team, set the expectations and keep up the pace.

MetaCompliance2019-08-07

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. We are sincerely delighted that you are getting so much out of your experience working at MetaCompliance. It is important to us that you are getting the right support either through external courses as you mentioned or internal coaching and mentoring. We will of course keep the focus on bringing more like minded people on board and please if you feel their are areas we could improve on, use the internal suggestion box. We'd love to hear more constructive feedback.

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator in Derry, Northern Ireland

I worked at MetaCompliance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I dont work here no more

Cons

Advertises graduate jobs and pays 16,000 for working to the bone. The money is not worth the effort put in. Staff very clicky and false promises of promotion made to a lot of staff.

MetaCompliance2019-09-06

September 9, 2019HR and Contracts

Hello and thank you for your review. It must have been some time ago that you left your employment with MetaCompliance. Our graduate entry salaries have not been at that level for over 4 years, which would have been market rate at that time. Now, the starting figure reflects the current market rate and, as the individual's skill set and value grows, we reward them on an annual basis, or earlier if promotion is involved. These are not false promises. We often refer to MetaCompliance as being a meritocracy were the rewards equal the effort made. This has been true for 8 - 10% of our staff as they have received promotions in the last 12 months. This is significant due to the rate at which the company is expanding and also the quality of employees in our workforce who are deserving of this recognition. With regard to your last point, working hours are a standard 37.5 hours and we don't feel that is excessive. We hope you have found employment elsewhere that you enjoy and is providing the fulfilment we all deserve in our working lives.

Discover more reviews about MetaCompliance.