"Approach with caution"

1.0
    Former Employee - Compliance in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team members are great people trying to do a good job Free food and drink in the office (no relevant at this time) Equipment is nice (all apple) Some managers genuinely care for the well being of employees

Cons

Wage is far, far below market rates for a compliance role HR were found to have not researched the average wage of an employee in compliance and forced to reassess when challenged by employees Pay rise then promised for all compliance employees No pay rise ever materialised Training is poor and inconsistent Mentoring in the form of a ‘buddy’ who is often only a few months in and inexperienced themselves Your ‘buddy’ is often too busy to properly take you through the work New employees are soon overwhelmed with a large, unmanageable caseload and start to fail in their targets The unmanageable caseloads are due to huge backlogs generated by poor management of work and implementation of training The approach to compliance seemed ad hoc at best with constant, almost weekly changes to the approach leading to confusion within teams on how reports should be structured Employees are often fired in a ‘cloak and dagger’ approach, often without really understanding why they were let go in One employee was sent an email the day before he was to be fired, telling him that he would be fired. On questing this with HR and his manager he was told that he would not be losing his job. The next day he was fired, just disappeared after a meeting with his manager The CEO repeatedly mention shares as a panacea to the poor wages being offered to employees, often dangling the prospect of staff becoming ‘paper millionaires’ via said shares No ‘paper millionaires’ ever materialised, employees would often say that they would prefer a decent wage to shares as it would be genuinely life changing Monese demands loyalty and brand fandom without showing respect and compassion to its employees

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Great team and working environment"

5.0

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is great, passionate colleagues to work with every day. Variety of tasks that make one's days different and challenging. And there are dogs running around in the office.

Cons

It's open office, so it can get noisy and difficult to find a quiet corner if you really need to focus.

2. "Toxic company with no clear objectives"

2.0

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll find people from many different countries, which is amazing. The product is very good and can be really helpful for many people. The company is always seeking innovation and product improvements. Good work/life balance if you know how to set boundaries. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Unnecessary bureaucracy, bad mouthing and toxic environment for a startup. The company doesn't practice the values they preach. You won't find transparency or collaboration, for example. But they will make you believe you will. The company seems to be growing, but you don't know exactly where. People doesn't seem to agree very much on the best path to follow. Some people seem more customer-focused and other, more product-focused, which leads to confusing actions or unstable decisions. It's very frustrating to see how the company deals with Customer Support and leave their customers with no replies for weeks or even months. I've never had my own KPIs or objectives, which was - by far - my biggest frustration. I've never had a performance review and was always left in the dark about my own work. Meanwhile, I've been promised new positions and promotions and ended up in a collective dismissal process. I also believe the company should be more careful when hiring new people, specially because of the cultural fit. This plays a huge part in the toxic environment and in the high turnover. Lastly, I believe the benefits you get for working at Monese are not fair. You don't have health insurance, for example.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Monese.