"Good people to work with but bad structure organisation."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Help user to get a better bank experience

Cons

Bad structure/organisation No more office in London Slow and/or bad communication from leadership team

Other Employee Reviews

"Great team and working environment"

5.0

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work environment is great, passionate colleagues to work with every day. Variety of tasks that make one's days different and challenging. And there are dogs running around in the office.

Cons

It's open office, so it can get noisy and difficult to find a quiet corner if you really need to focus.

2. "Toxic company with no clear objectives"

2.0

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll find people from many different countries, which is amazing. The product is very good and can be really helpful for many people. The company is always seeking innovation and product improvements. Good work/life balance if you know how to set boundaries. Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Unnecessary bureaucracy, bad mouthing and toxic environment for a startup. The company doesn't practice the values they preach. You won't find transparency or collaboration, for example. But they will make you believe you will. The company seems to be growing, but you don't know exactly where. People doesn't seem to agree very much on the best path to follow. Some people seem more customer-focused and other, more product-focused, which leads to confusing actions or unstable decisions. It's very frustrating to see how the company deals with Customer Support and leave their customers with no replies for weeks or even months. I've never had my own KPIs or objectives, which was - by far - my biggest frustration. I've never had a performance review and was always left in the dark about my own work. Meanwhile, I've been promised new positions and promotions and ended up in a collective dismissal process. I also believe the company should be more careful when hiring new people, specially because of the cultural fit. This plays a huge part in the toxic environment and in the high turnover. Lastly, I believe the benefits you get for working at Monese are not fair. You don't have health insurance, for example.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Monese.