Monotype - A nice place to work upon and grow | Glassdoor.co.uk

There are newer employer reviews for Monotype

"A nice place to work upon and grow"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Noida (India)
Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at Monotype full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, Peace of mind, Work-Life balance, Positivity, Culture

Cons

Not in a hobby of getting negative about anything :)

Other Employee Reviews for Monotype

"One if the best jobs I've had"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Monotype full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues and management, relaxed and understanding atmosphere. Develop you for the long term rather than short term targets. Interesting and brand new field to most people.

Cons

Salary isn't the best, no real benefits outside the standard ones. Not that I was there long enough but there seemed to be a lack of progression and salary increases for longer term hires. Communication and strategy is disjointed

Advice to Management

What makes Monotype great is it is different to normal companies, once you become like them you are just a company selling letter drawings. Fight the urge to be just another corporate.

"Silos, lack of cohesion across the company and caring more about the $$$ rather than customer experience."

I have been working at Monotype full-time

Pros

There are some really smart, funny and thoughtful people working at Monotype. My colleagues have been my rock over the last few years. If you're lucky enough to be part of a good team, there is a real sense of team spirit. Some of the new office spaces are beautifully designed and a pleasure to work in. The ability to work flexibly and from home is a very helpful, family friendly policy.

Cons

Silos, lack of cohesion across the company and caring more about the $$$ rather than customer experience. There is a lack of shared priorities and goals which means that many people are unable to have autonomy and just get on with their job. There is much miscommunication - either too many meetings or not enough effective meetings. There is too much micro management by Executives. The 'Corporate America' culture bleeds across the pond and doesn't translate well in Europe. A lot of the best people have left or are unhappy which doesn't make for a good atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff concerns. Give more autonomy to your directors and regional teams. Stop trying to control everything from the centre because you are slowing down and frustrating your workforce.