Employee Review

Former Employee

I had no life!

Jan 4, 2022 - N/A in Birmingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free stuff (not really free when you have to sell your soul though) Macbook Pro

Cons

Honestly, this place sucks. Working as a frontline COp was possibly the worst job I've ever had and being a millennial I've had A LOT of jobs. Boy do they suck you in, brand new laptop, desk etc paid for, treats through the post, Monzo swag. 3 weeks of training goes well and then BAM you're in for the worst working experience of your life. Constantly monitored, if you're not getting up to speed quickly like the others, WHY NOT? Managers pestering you, telling you everything you have done wrong, nothing you have done right. Seems like it's all just one big test, let's see how much we can make them suffer and work until they either give up and leave or they just get used to it and give in. My mental health was the worst it's ever been here, when they say they're big on mental health DON'T BELIEVE THEM. My schedule was all over the place, I had no social life, working a lot of 6 day in a row shifts meant I had no time to myself. When I questioned this I was just told it's something all frontline COps had to do...why? Constantly being told there was enough staff to cover yet I was in at all hours. They'd give me 6 days in a row then ONE day off between shifts, it was a living nightmare, I was a walking zombie. When I first started they reassured me that I would RARELY be on 6 days on a row, but my schedule was jam packed with them, it made me dread every single day of my life. You don't really have a say in what shifts you do, they give you a shift preference thing to fill in but you have to remember to fill it in every week otherwise they'll stick you on 1 - 10pms and they're the worst. Holiday was also allocated to you pretty much, often times when I'd ask for holiday it would come back as a no. I haven't even got on to the work itself yet, good god was it difficult. You can be dealing with ANYTHING on front line, and if you get anything wrong you're pulled into a meeting to discuss it. You're brought up on bad grammar, but you're expected to chat to 10 customers an hour so they expect you to rush but also want everything you're doing to be completely perfect. WE'RE NOT ROBOTS, stop treating staff like robots, we all make mistakes especially when put in such a high pressure environment. I was that frightened to make a mistake I wasn't hitting my targets, you only get a limited amount of mistakes whilst in probation, once you hit that you're out. Being a frontline COp is the lowest of the low, nobody wants to be one, everyone hates it. People scramble to move on and upwards there which means the managers are all under qualified morons, at least the ones I came into contact with were. The stats you're expected to hit are across the board, there's no individual targets, if you can't reach what they expect of you, YOU'RE OUT, which meant I was constantly busy, no time to even check my phone, no time to check emails no time to emoji react on slack. They use slack, I don't have a problem with this but it's like they use it as if they're a cult, if you don't emoji react enough times YOU'RE OUT. Another thing that really upset me was in my team they'd put all of our stats out for everyone to see, naming and shaming people and trying to make people work even harder than they already are just so they could appear on this vile leader board. "so and so is at 100% activity and never takes any screenbreaks YAY WELL DONE YOU" awful!!!!!! The phone calls were BAD, no support, dealing with a lot of shouty customers, no switchboard so you're just expected to deal with it and yes you're tracked on how many phone calls you take too, everything is tracked. I was surprised I didn't have to tell them every time I went to the loo. The information you're expected to keep up with here is ridiculous, for such low pay too. It truly was one of the worst working experiences I've ever had, I feel traumatised by it. The days are LONG too, 40 hours a week you'll be doing and by the time you're on phone calls that's all you'll be doing, 8 hours a day, dreading your existence. There's so much more that I haven't even touched on but that's the most of it. NEVER again let me tell you, be warned.

Continue reading
    24 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place

Apr 24, 2022 - Financial Crime Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Job cared for team - Provided right tools to effectively do position - Great team

Cons

- There were times where it could be incredibly stressful

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome place, people & benefits!

Feb 8, 2022 - Customer Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The whole team is truly a family who care support and nature each other. The benefits are second to none too.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Monzo Bank.