Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great environment

May 2, 2020 - Healthcare Assistant in Milton Keynes, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great holiday packages, generally staff are nice and compassionate

Cons

Restrictions with bands makes pay progression harder

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

May 14, 2021 - Health Care Assistant in Wakefield, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work. Great staff. Compassionate staff

Cons

Hard work. Long hours. Could be better pay

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Band 2 nursing assistant

Nov 7, 2015 - Health Care Support Worker in Truro, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the training and discipline. Because I enjoy learning and helping people enjoy a better quality of life. I also volunteer for Roswyth in Newquay, caring for people with mental health issues.

Cons

I applied for band 2 nursing assistant (temporary staffing). I had six weeks of training to do. The training was in Redruth, Bodmin and Truro. I do not have a car and was finding it very difficult to afford to be able to get to these places. I therefore could not complete my training. I would have loved more than anything to have been able to succeed. I also didn't have a computer and was doing alot of the courses at the library. I now have a computer and would welcome any challenges to put myself back on my chosen employment path..caring. Sadly I was employed by NHS but I actually did not start work. My previous employment to this ended in 2012 when I was a flexable support worker in mental health and learning disabilities. I gave up this employment to move to Newquay with a partner of whom I am no longer with.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about NHS Healthcare Support Workers.