Nando's UK - People are the heart of this business | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "Free food with every single shift" (in 72 reviews)

• "Free meal up to 10 pounds after each shift;" (in 55 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"People are the heart of this business"

Current Employee - First Assistant
Current Employee - First Assistant

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nando's really looks after it's people. They really do live and breathe the values. Pay and bonuses are great, they are very flexible when applying for flexible working and they really help you when it comes to adjusting the rotas for family etc. It genuinely has a great culture. Yearly trips away, regional social events.

Cons

It varies from restaurant to restaurant but I feel there are some unfortunate ones out there that just do not have the right budget for wages (and others) so constantly overspending which brings motivation down and which is also felt in the management team. Although this is up to the Patrao to sort out, I think that some Patraos don't have much of an idea of what they are doing when it comes to budgeting.

This is quite minor compared to the pros of working for Nando's, this is the only thing I could really think of.

24 Oct 2018 – Attraction & Campaigns Advisor

Morning, many thanks for your comments. Great to hear you're generally enjoying your time in the Nando's family, but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further if you wish to email... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Cashier in Manchester, England

I worked at Nando's UK part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great People
    - Free food
    -Flexible Hours

Cons

- Gets really busy and often understaffed

7 Nov 2018 – Attraction & Campaigns Advisor

Hey, thanks for your review. We'll be happy to look into your less positive comments about your time in the Nando's family if you want to drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk.... More

2. "Partner Patrao"

Current Employee - Partner Patrao in York, England
    Current Employee - Partner Patrao in York, England

I have been working at Nando's UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy to run your business the way you feel is the right way.

Huge investment in the development of their people.

As a Patrao I get to be a part of more around the region and have a positive impact not just in my restaurant but in the region as well as the company.

Very well looked after with a strong emphasis on work life balance and some amazing financial incentives as well.

Biggest thing is they embrace the differences in people and help you bring out the best in others whilst improving yourself along the way.

Cons

Genuinley cannot think of much other than it would be good to see more restaurants open in the north west.

Advice to Management

Be yourself and really push your boundaries because the company will support you 100%

18 Oct 2018 – Attraction & Campaigns Advisor

Amazing comments, many thanks for your review. Always great to hear from a Patrao loving their time in the Nando's family :-)

Discover more reviews about Nando's UK.