1. "Great Company, Great Job!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Cashier/Store Representative in Milton Keynes, England, England

I have been working at Nando's UK & IRE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

For me, the best thing about working for Nandos is the people. I have worked for many different companies and with many different people and I have only ever been friends with a handful of them, but working for Nandos I have met a lot of nice, friendly, and considerate people who I have formed some good friendships with. Every year I attend an annual meeting with the other Store Reps and it is a great opportunity to meet new Nandocas as well as chatting to the Reps in my region. Another great thing about working for Nandos is the fact that the managers listen to you if you have a problem they will help you solve it. If you have a family emergency or problem then they will do what they can to help you. They are flexible when it comes to the rota if you need a particular day. The management at Nandos is great. You get some very good perks at Nandos too. You receive a 40% discount Monday-Thursday and 20% Friday-Sunday. You get access to Perkbox where you can get up 25% off certain goods and services, including Gym Membership, Book tokens, flights, hotel bookings, clothes, and much more. Twice a year you can apply for the Cycle-2-Work scheme, you simply apply online for a bicycle and the payment is taken from your pay per week. This is a great scheme that can help you get fit and lower your carbon footprint. At the end of every year is the Christmas Party, this is a great night for all concerned as it gives us the chance to forget about work and have a drink (or two) and let our hair down and have a lot of fun. Then there is the annual awards, the Nandoscas. This takes place in May and again is a great night out for everyone. It is especially great because it is when Nandocas are recognised and awarded for their hard work. I have been nominated and won several awards of the last five years and I have to say it is both humbling and gratifying to know that you are appreciated by your peers. There is also Family Day, which takes place in August. This is where Nandocas from your region gather together with their families to enjoy good food, drinks and lots of fun. Looking back on 5 years of service I can say, hand on my heart, that Nandos is a company which truly cares for its staff. It is a kind, caring, friendly and down-to-earth company who will do all they can to help you further your career. I have watched a lot of Nandocas come through our doors and it is great to see the change in people. We often get young teenagers starting, often as their first job and I watch them mature into positive, more knowledgable people. I have changed too in these 5 years. I have matured and I have become more confident and I am more able to express myself. Before working at Nandos, I wouldn't have even entertained the idea of attending a Christmas Party but working at Nandos, I feel comfortable enough to go out and party with my friends. Nandos is a fantastic company to work for, the best company I have ever worked for in fact. During these unprecedented last few months, Nandos has been unfailingly supportive and caring. I have spoken to my Patrão regularly and she has kept me and my fellow Nandocas up to date with regards to the restaurant. Nandos has kept us all safe.

Cons

There occasions where we will get out after midnight, and even 1 am. Not fun but there are usually exceptional circumstances so it doesn't happen that often. We also, occasionally encounter rude/ungrateful or unappreciative customers. Though again they are quite rare, our customers are almost always friendly, kind and understanding. I have on occasion dealt with some Nandocas who were not easy to work with. They would abuse the Family and Emergency Service discount or give their friends free food or drinks and talk to me and others in a disrespectful or aggressive tone if asked to do something they didn't want to.

Continue reading

Nando's UK & IRE Response

August 14, 2020Nando's UK

It really is the people that make the chicken! Thanks for leaving a review, it really means a lot. We're glad that you have felt supported during this crazy time.

1. "Great"

5.0
    Current Intern - Internship

I have been working at Nando's UK & IRE for less than a year

Pros

Great place, awesome staff too

Cons

Really no cons there at all

2. "Bad"

2.0

I have been working at Nando's UK & IRE part-time

Pros

Free food and drinks on shift

Cons

Bad management and toxic culture

Nando's UK & IRE Response

May 4, 2021Nando's UK

Hey, thanks for your review. We'd like to look further into your feedback - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into this and get back to you?

Discover more reviews about Nando's UK & IRE.