"Great job, questionable company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Associate Editor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nature Publishing Group full-time

Pros

Best job I've ever had; intellectually stimulating and quite rewarding. The benefits and perks are excellent, and work/life balance is easy to maintain.

Cons

The company bureaucracy is nightmarishly bad. Dealing with HR will set you back days for anything, IT will make you rip your hair out. Reimbursements for anything are a grating process that requires an excruciatingly long time and amount of patience to get dealt with. I come in tow work happy, but need a drink the second anyone suggests I need to put in a request with anyone outside editorial.

Continue reading
    Nature Publishing Group2016-06-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great team"

5.0

I worked at Nature Publishing Group full-time

Pros

Great team of professionals - it was a joy to work with Nature editors Nice office Reasonable working hours Access to Lynda courses

Cons

Quite poor IT support: it can take ages to get a new keyboard or software update My salary was at the market rate

Continue reading
    Nature Publishing Group2016-04-22
  2. "Not the best"

I worked at Nature Publishing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The offices had a relaxed work atmosphere Good co-workers It wasn't hard to get time off when you needed it Decent vacation time Benefits were okay, but had gone downhill

Cons

The pay was not good The company was not transparent about many things to its employees Morale had gone down HR was often a nightmare

Nature Publishing Group2017-12-15

Discover more reviews about Nature Publishing Group.