1. "Working at NetBrain"

5.0
    Current Contractor - Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies for less than a year

Pros

One of the things I like at NetBrain is working with the Managers, they are professional, outgoing and open to listen. Work life balance is key for me and they provide it. NetBrain also takes time out for the Staff, rewarding us for a job well done, which may include the day off or planning a group outing, which happens every Summer - to get together, play various games/sports, mingle, eat and enjoy each others company. NetBrain also provides a catered lunch their Staff every Friday, they have ping pong tables that come in handy at lunch/break time...great stress relief!

Cons

Haven't experienced anything negative at NetBrain, my Boss is down to earth, direct and has an open door policy and always has an ear to listen and advise me, if I have any concerns.

1. "Onward and Upwards"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The new version of the product with network automation is solving a much bigger problem for network and IT departments of the companies and has no direct competition. The company has recruited some great leaders last year and this year. The new sales leader has very strong industry knowledge and a proven record of growing revenue. The new training program is much more effective. It seems the company is on the right track for a big growth year.

Cons

Transitions last year resulted slower growth. Those are behind us this year.

NetBrain Technologies Response

Senior Talent Acquisition Partner

We welcome all feedback that can help us to improve, but it's always nice to hear the positives! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at NetBrain. We take great pride in the talented people we've brought on board and we're so excited for what's to come. Network automation is the future and we're thrilled to be at the forefront of it! We'll be sure to keep the momentum going in the right direction. If there are ever any constructive critiques you have to offer, your Managers and Human Resources team are all ears!

"Leadership lacking"

2.0
    Former Employee - Post Sales

I worked at NetBrain Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I liked my team. There were some smart and capable people I worked with. We also had some great logos to work with. There were a couple nice social gatherings. Friday lunches and endless snacks and coffee were a nice perk. They were very family friendly and flexible.

Cons

You’ve probably seen the trend... all the problems start from the top down. The company is sorely missing strong leadership and fresh perspective. Over the last 3 years the company had a strong customer base, but it has since lost 1/3 of their customers (almost 1000 customers have parted ways!), and talent is leaving in droves with no plans to backfill in many cases. I had heard all the stories of how sales was decimated by turnover and constant change ordered by leadership, but when they cleared house and brought in a new sales team, a ton of valid and solid opportunities fell to the wayside and were never picked up. Territories changed like the tides, and customers and prospects were left in a wake of frustration. New Licensing and fees are there one minute, and changed the next with completely new protocols leaving Sales to do their work twice. Because of this, sales last year came in woefully short of goal. That resulted in no raises and severely diminished bonuses. As a top contributor at the company, hearing I was receiving a fraction of my bonus and no raise was very disheartening. Like all my hard work was not recognized. Speaking of the lack of Recognition... I never received an annual review. They were ignored. The reasons behind that were that my manager was unjustifiably fired during a weekly meeting in front of all his peers and sent packing with only a shoebox to store his belongings. Our team was left completely rattled in the way this was done, and we never had a new manager brought in, instead we were managed remotely. Rumors spread quick in our office, and from all we heard it was inconsequential differences and a power flex by the CEO to dispatch an opposing opinion. The new manager did his best but could offer us no feedback. The lack of career advancement is partly due to not caring, and partly due to contraction. With sales severely lacking behind last years already dismal outcomes, a lot of top talent are jumping ship because another year of belt tightening is on its way. Lastly, leadership keeps pushing for new bells and whistles, and are ignoring their customers voices for more stability and faster deployment. Customers love our demos but are disheartened at the length of time and the complexities of getting the solution deployed and running. Focus should be put on getting the foundation sturdy and simplifying the discovery process, before adding new features that break on release.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about NetBrain Technologies.