Employee Review

Former Employee

Lots of Potential

Feb 23, 2021 - Information Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

Purpose driven company with solid pipeline of commercial projects

Cons

Lack of focus on product strategy

Other Employee Reviews

1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Same as the other negative reviews

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There has been a lot of positive changes in culture.

Cons

Upper management is confused on the direction of the company and lack proper understanding of how, and why, they should sell cyber security products. Also HR is the worst.

Continue reading
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Technically interesting but awful culture and minimal management desire to change

Dec 24, 2021 - Team Lead in Oxford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Technically interesting, great salary, great pension contributions, 6 weeks leave plus bank holidays.

Cons

Management don’t listen to feedback - regular employee surveys revealed same issues, executive team always seemed surprised, promised to make changes, nothing materialised, the cycle repeated. Management make commitments the business can’t possibly hope to meet. Deadlines are agreed without thought to whether there are enough people to do the work and meet existing commitments. Lots of burnout, defensive behaviour, etc, as a result. An example: on one occasion I was told on a Friday afternoon the a feature was needed to be implemented by the Monday morning and that not achieving it was not an option. My team already had other commitments that needed to be met by the end of the week and when I said that one feature would come at the cost of the other, I was told that’s not good enough. This was a common occurrence. Many of the senior managers have worked at Nominet for many years. I got the impression that they had their own little empires and no interest in other ways to work. Rather than take suggestions for improvements and optimisations as positive they were viewed as threats and challenges to these empires.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Nominet.