1. "Lots of Potential"

Former Employee - Information Technology
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nominet full-time

Pros

Purpose driven company with solid pipeline of commercial projects

Cons

Lack of focus on product strategy

Other Employee Reviews

"Great culture and work life balance"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nominet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Nominet are great to work with. They are a great team of people with expert knowledge who want to work together to get the job done well. The company really cares about the wellbeing of the staff. The company is ambitious and wants to improve and add more value, including a great public benefit mission. Very flexible working arrangements and good work life balance.

Cons

The ambition can mean there are too many competing priorities making it hard to focus. Or jumping from one critical deadline to the next without time to breathe. The differences with some of the membership causes instability and distraction from time to time.

Continue reading
  2. "Still good, but once great"

2.0
    Former Employee - Mid Management in Oxford, England, England

I worked at Nominet full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Colleagues. There was always a great environment at work, and felt like from home for many years.

Cons

I still consider them my best ever employer, but this is largely due to the time I served under Lesley Cowley as CEO and briefly for Dr Willie Black, because they genuinely cared and put their staff first, understanding that happy staff work hard to make the company succeed. I had to leave after the latest CEO took over because the culture change was heart-breaking, and the constant reorgs seemed like nothing more than getting rid of all those who were loyal long serving members of staff so the new crop were unaware of just how great Nominet once was. I’m positive its still a good employer for the “perks”, but it’s a shame it lost its way as it was once outstanding

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Nominet.