"Diversity"

1.0
    Former Employee - Logistics in Baltimore, MD
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will always get your paycheck and your benefits.

Cons

They take the diversity thing way too extreme. Caucasian males and especially veterans will not advance to management. They review their employees on one scale that is made public to the employee. Then management have what they call a “9- square” review they also perform and they do not share this with even the employee. This square has all the employees under the manager listed in respective squares with 1 being basically not a good employee and 9 being “should be CRO” essentially. Then they have a diversity legend on the form. This diversity legend include 3 stars for a Caucasian female, 2 stars for a minority female, 1 star for a minority male and, you guessed it no stars for a Caucasian male. These stars are then placed in front of the employee names. This makes it so that upper management can see their “diversity” in their employees. The managers say they do not issue promotions based on this but it does not appear to be true to employees. This is why I chose to leave the company.

Continue reading
  1. "Worthwhile Remote Internship Experience"

5.0
    Former Intern - College Intern Technical in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Northrop Grumman for less than a year

Pros

They honored all of their internships this summer. I think that's very representative of the company's value in the interns. They had a nice matching program with a 401K account that you could open through Fidelity. I enjoyed the experience, at least what I could make of it, considering that it was remote, and I did not go onsite.

Cons

Not very much for me to complain about

"Solid"

5.0
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Northrop Grumman full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every company/place has bad apples, when you're a part of a great team...it makes all the difference in the world. This company is great to work for, having spent many years at a competitor, I feel more valuable here.

Cons

If I were offered slightly more to go somewhere else, I don't think I would.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Northrop Grumman.