Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

There is nowhere else for me

19 Aug 2019 - Senior Finance Manager in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A Genuine focus on the customer (not lip service), in an environment of smart and friendly people from all walks of life.

Cons

I don’t want to leave.

1 person found this review helpful

Social Reputation Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving such a lovely review. We’re glad to hear you have such a high opinion of our company, after working with us for such a long time. We hope you’ll continue to be part of the O2 family for many more years. Thanks again.

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review of O2 (Telefonica UK)

6 Feb 2017 - Technical Research Writer in East Berkshire, VT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly company, considerate attitude towards employees and contractors. The company carries out many stimulating, creative projects. Combines friendly, supportive attitude with a high level of competence and professional approach to work.

Cons

Sometimes the pressure of work (dealines) is excessive.

3 people found this review helpful

Resourcing Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We really do appreciate it. Great to see that you had many positives whilst working for us, this makes us really happy as our employees make o2 the great place it is to work. We take on board your cons and at times our work can be pressured but we do promote that our employees have a healthy work/life balance and we do operate an open door policy so if any of our employees felt stressed or pressured then we are here to support. We can see that you no longer work for us so thank you for being part of the o2 family and that your career is going well.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Finally out the Gulag

8 May 2021 - Guru in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

For me personally, nothing but that may be down to my own personal experience.

Cons

No teamwork, progression is about networking not about doing your job, management love to micro manage. With the merger coming alot of people are either quitting, losing their jobs or being managed out. Their mandatory internal social media platform. Alot of shops are closing down. The company's in trouble.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

O2 Response

At O2 we welcome all feedback, so thanks for taking the time to leave a review and providing feedback on your time when you were with us. We’ll be the first to say there’s always room for improvement, and it’s interesting to read your view on areas you think we could do better. We recognise 2020 has been a really unsettling time for all employees having to adjust to the changes to ways of working especially in light of the government guidance on Covid19, all the decisions we have taken in relation to ways of working during this time have been taken to comply with the official guidance, and keep our people safe, and to ensure that no matter which part of the business you worked in, you were treated fairly and consistently, so it is disappointing to hear that you felt that during lockdown there was no worklife balance in our Retail estate as we did not furlough any of our people when we had to close the Stores and to help keep people engaged and supported there was a lot of online learning and activities using workplace to help people feel connected and not alone. We take mental health very seriously within O2 and we offer lots of support, be it our BeSupported helpline, our Evermind app as well as online well being sessions so we are surprised to hear that you feel that mental health is not supported. With regard to the proposed 50:50 JV between O2 and Virgin Media, which remains subject to regulatory approval but which is anticipated to complete mid-2021, we have promised our people that we will keep them updated and there has not been anyone within our business who have lost their job due to this proposed venture. We are also surprised that you feel the company is in trouble. We have just announced our best ever first quarter performance on record which is something we are extremely proud of. We take our peoples’s views seriously and we pride ourselves on enabling and expecting our people to raise any concerns they have informally or formally through our grievance policy or through our system known as the “Speak Up Portal” where employees can report concerns in confidence and anonymously so we hope that when you were with us that you used this channel if you had any issues or concerns. If you would like to speak to someone about your review please contact RetailResourcing@o2.com

Discover more reviews about O2.