Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, very happy here

Jun 7, 2021 - Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fantastic and engaged leadership team who don't mind mucking in, you can really tell you're making a difference in the world and in people's lives. Growth is strong and fast so plenty of opportunities to specialise internally.

Cons

Lack of clear hierarchy can make upward progression slow.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company culture!

Nov 30, 2021 - Team Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic opportunities to progress gained promotion in 3 months. Never felt so supported and valued by any prior company in my career. True family culture.

Cons

Juggling different personalities within a team weather sometimes hinders performance. A volatile energy market at the moment.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Octopus Energy Response

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Congratulations on your promotion, and I'm delighted you feel so supported. Indeed, we're experiencing a volatile market, but the work that you and all the team have been doing in responding to that has been outstanding. I hope that the leadership training and development you have gotten, and will continue to get will help you to even more confidently lead, influence, and inspire all your team. It takes time, so be fair to yourself! Feel free to reach out to me if there's anything I can help with. Kind regards, James Doyle Head of Ops

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An innovative company that genuinely cares about doing right by people

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have found that everything I was sold during the interview process regarding the workplace culture (freedom, flexibility, etc.) was all very accurate to what it's actually like working at Octopus, which has been a great relief. This is an amazing team of really smart people who are all genuinely bought in to our mission and what we are trying to accomplish - saving the world! Great culture Great team mates Great benefits Really cool tech

Cons

There's a lot going on all of the time - this is also a "pro" because it's really exciting that we are growing and expanding in so many ways, but you truly do have to be comfortable with flexibility and ambiguity or else it can be stressful at times.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Octopus Energy.