Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Love Working with this Team!

25 Apr 2021 - Senior Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people who work here are smart, collaborative and innovative. Online hires people who are a great cultural fit and really live the core values. The leadership team has created an environment that supports growth and learning and development. They really care about their team members. The Career Mentor program pairs everyone up with a Mentor who works closely with their members and advocates for their ongoing growth and development. While this past year was a tough year for so many, I really feel like Online had our backs and cared about our well being. Online continues to grow and there appears to be lots of opportunity for great work.

Cons

Can't think of any,. Feel fortunate tp be part of the Online family.

Online Business Systems Response

Chief People Officer

Thanks for being part of our professional family for over 10 years! That’s a long time in this day and age. The attributes you use to describe Onliners are exactly what we look for when we hire new members to the team. This last year was a struggle for many, including us, but it was interesting to see how everyone pulled together and supported one another. They say culture is easy when things are going well, but the test is when things become challenging. In some ways we came out stronger as a team because of this past year and we are grateful to everyone who contributed to that. Yes, the future looks bright and the opportunities are many. We agree that future growth is very much aligned to our core values and continuing to attract and support our amazing team members. We are committed to doing this. We appreciate your feedback and hope you are here for many more years!

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

What a great place to work!

24 May 2021 - Senior Information Security Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are really only 2 things that make a place great to work at; management and co-workers. If management is communicative, competent, and has an appreciation for the team then everybody wins. If you and your co-workers have the same basic goals and you get along well, the team does well. OBS knocks it out of the park in both respects! The hiring process was, dare I say it, enjoyable. I've been with the company for nearly 3 months and I am SO happy to be here. I had a few good opportunities slip away while I was job hunting and I choose to believe that happened so I would be free to join OBS.

Cons

I am 100% remote, which I like, but if you like going into the office this may not be for you unless you live in Winnipeg.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Employee friendly and customer focused.

5 May 2021 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Online is a great company to work for. They care about employees and customers. The culture is good and people are easy to work with. The business is stable and well managed.

Cons

Career growth can be tough after a certain point. The company is stable but conservative and growth is slow. Management is pretty flat and dominated by long-time employees though getting to senior levels of consultancy is not difficult and is merit based. There is definitely bias to being at corporate in Winnipeg among senior leadership.

Online Business Systems Response

Chief People Officer

Your points are well taken and top of mind. We have always felt that growth for growth sake was not the right answer. Stability and profitability is important as it allows you to ride both the peaks and the valleys. Having said that, we are at a juncture where we see more opportunity, through new service offerings and geographies, and thereby we have a clear need to develop the next generation of leaders. And yes, we are also talking about succession plans. Our senior leadership team has been tasked with creating a career progression plan that allows team members to better see their future with Online. While we have never been big on hierarchy and probably never will be, we do want to promote and recognize those who are ready to assume new responsibilities. This is very much a topic of conversation and we will be pulling in some of our team members as we build the framework. Please reach out if you have any suggestions. We would love to hear them.

Discover more reviews about Online Business Systems.