Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company - a breath of fresh air.

Oct 2, 2020 - User Experience Director in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic, healthy culture - Lack of politics / egos / one-upmanship - Talented, collaborative people - Genuine, people-centric leadership - Committed to diversity and inclusion - Amazing growth and future potential

Cons

Rapid growth means resources are stretched in some areas, but this is being addressed.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

OpenMarket Response

Employee Experience Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate you giving an insight into your experience at OpenMarket. If you wish to share additional insights, please reach contact us at careers@openmarket.com.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Reputable employer who values its employees above all

Jun 3, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is not just a cliche, it's truly great with OM. Jonathan (CEO) is kind, inspirational, level-headed and 'gets it.' Most colleagues and execs were wonderful to work with! Salary, benefits and time-off policies were generous. OpenMarket is a well-established, reputable player in the aggregation space with solid infrastructure, respectable clients, and an eye toward the future.

Cons

The work-life balance scale tips toward life a little too heavily in some regards, with a lack of urgency and accountability in the name of valuing people. Speed-to-market has been too slow to meet industry standards and client demands for new product offerings. Acquisition of products and platforms was definitely needed, and hopefully resolved with Infobip!

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It was a great place to work but hasn't been the same since the buyout

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

OpenMarket has(/had) an amazing group of smart and talented people. The org charge was very compressed with very little "middle management" layer. You could talk directly to the president and get straight answers if you wanted them. The company's overall communication _was_ great. I felt like I knew what our direction was, how our financials were looking, what our competitors were doing, and how we were planning on changing to meet new challenges. Benefits are above average, pay is good, and the work/life balance is fair.

Cons

The new parent company broke trust by promising that everyone would have a place at the combined company, and then laying-off part of the engineering staff. That was followed by several other communication and policy blunders that caused many very talented people to leave. Infobip seems to realize they have a retention problem. They acknowledge their mistakes, but there still hasn't been any fundamental change to how they communicate and interact with the OpenMarket people. The C-suite keeps talking about how we are going to be integrated into a single company, but that vision doesn't seem to trickling down to the individual departments. It is now a year after the buyout and my department still has no idea what our roll will be and still doesn't have any regular communication with our counterparts at Infobip. Instead we get a constant stream of last minute demands for integration work in order to move all of OpenMarket's customers over to Infobip's systems. Despite their (already broken) promises of a merged company where everyone has a job, it still feels like we are being sucked dry and will then be discarded. The amount of OpenMarket people leaving and walking away from retention and end of year bonuses is crazy. In response, there have been several new perks announced, including some additional vacation time, and other improvements in benefits. There still hasn't been any change to how Infobip is handling the cultural, communication, and trust issues though.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about OpenMarket.