Opower - A company that ENGAGES.. Addictive! | Glassdoor.co.uk

"A company that ENGAGES.. Addictive!"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England

I have been working at Opower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart people... I've been working in Intel and Oracle before and the professional level in Opower is even higher. In addition you really feel valued and the management is really helpful. By the way, it's the first time that I enjoy working for a company and I don't mind answering emails on the weekend... Dan and Alex got it! :) When you feel that you are working for a nice company with nice people around and you are decreasing the climate change... What else can you ask for??? :) I would like to add that even the brand is amazing. We have some goodies that are really nice and Opower is now a real brand with some marketing that is awesome!

Cons

There are two tiny issues I would complain for... First, there are a lot of internal reviews in a bad moment of the year. Second, the goodies that are sent to the offices out of the States are really poor... We don't get the good ones! ;)

Continue reading
    Opower2014-07-31

Opower Response

July 31, 2014Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for this review and such helpful feedback! We've grown so much and want to keep the O experience the same as much as possible across the globe. I'm passing your review feedback to HR today. I am also personally mailing some O swag goodies to London next week. I'll send it to the sales team with a note to ensure whoever you are, you get it! Thanks for being a part of Opower....cheeriO! - Chrissy

Continue reading
  1. "A great company with a great mission"

Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Opower full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone was friendly to work with. Surprisingly well run as a company.

Cons

Not sure how their culture has changed after being acquired by Oracle. Betting it was for the worse.

Opower2018-08-31
  2. "Good people, good mission"

Former Employee - Client Success

I worked at Opower full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great people who care passionately about energy efficiency. -Good medical benefits and leave policy once you hit manager or above

Cons

-your happiness will depend heavily on which team you get staffed on. There are some highly under-resourced teams that result in frustration and burn-out among employees.

Opower2019-09-03

Discover more reviews about Opower.