Oracle - Fun, supportive and transforming cloud business | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "Fun, supportive and transforming cloud business"

Current Employee - Area Sales Representative in London, England

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic work/life balance, great benefits, supportive career development, exciting and innovate solutions to help customer achieve best practises.

Cons

Still developing a linear, collaborative team engagement methodology to remove old silo based working practises.

Continue reading
    Oracle2019-05-30
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Principal Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people. Interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Commute time is long. High pressure

Oracle2019-12-02

"Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises"

Former Employee - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    Oracle2014-10-21

Discover more reviews about Oracle.