Employee Review

Current Employee

sdf

26 Apr 2021 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

great workplace, flexibility, e-learning platform

Cons

no salary appraisal, stiff organizational culture, old tools

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Intern Experience

6 Aug 2020 - Legal Intern in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing bosses, supportive company culture, exposure to many practice areas even remotely

Cons

No cons, a great experience

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises

21 Oct 2014 - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    1067 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oracle.