Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great benefits, good people, slow innovation, no raises

Oct 21, 2014 - Technical Analyst III (Support) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every group/division can be different in how they treat their employees, but I'd say overall there is very good atmosphere of trust and fairness. There is a strong focus on education, and they reimburse for outside classes taken (Up to 5k/year I think). Benefits are good, and I'd say quite competitive in the market. Good 401K matching (they'll contribute a max of 3% of your 6% or greater). Free drinks in the breakroom. Flexibility to work from home at times. (If you live 50+ miles away from an office you can work full-time from home...policy).

Cons

They don't try to make the workplace anything special (maybe a pool table and arcade game are cliche or gimmicky?). In the 10 years I've worked there, they've given 2 measly %1 cost of living raises (this is the same with most everyone I've spoken to, some don't get any raises). You will not get a substantial raise ever, unless you leave then get rehired on (they will not match offers, better to leave). New employees that you train will make 10 - 20K more than you several years after you hire on (not just me, they do this to all tenured employees). They will give these untrained, less experienced people higher titles (again this is done to everyone not just me). You learn pretty quickly that you're dispensable. The company has billions in cash and they don't re-invest in their employees, just in acquiring new companies and hiring new people that know nothing that you get to train.

Continue reading
    1089 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company with a great business development program

Apr 26, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, good pay, fair PTO, random wellness days off, lots of people willing to help and see you succeed

Cons

A lot of trainings for the program, lasts around 12 months

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Compnay

Aug 2, 2021 - Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here. Lots of tools and resources at our disposal. It's exciting having the opportunity to work for such a large company, which means there are lots of opportunities for movement within.

Cons

No annual salary increases (tied to performance or even small cost of living increases). Kind of a bummer, and honestly pretty surprising when I started. There is also no direct path to grow within your team. I love what I do, but when a Senior level team member left, it seemed to open a spot for advancement (for myself or another member of my team). However, we were informed that since the role wouldn't change all that much from what we do now, Oracle does not provide title changes/promotions within the same team (thought process being it's kind of a lateral move, increased compensation without any real increase in responsibilities). I don't want to have to change teams each time I want to progress in my career.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oracle.