1. "Supportive employer with good chances for development"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Production Editor in Oxford, England

I have been working at Oxford University Press full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career development opportunities, societies/clubs, nice office environment

Cons

location, high living and travel costs

Oxford University Press2019-07-30

August 2, 2019OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thanks so much for the positive review. We’re really pleased that you are enjoying working with us. If you want to expand on any of the points you highlight in your review – both good and bad – then please get in touch by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

1. "Wonderful and Supportive Place to Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Cary, NC

I have been working at Oxford University Press full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent home/life balance Opportunities for career development Competitive salary Plenty of PTO and paid holidays Excellent and supportive management

Cons

A lot of meetings depending on your department Some confusing communications between departments

Oxford University Press2020-01-06

January 20, 2020OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

We’re delighted to hear that you are enjoying your time with us, and that you have been able to make the most of some of the benefits we have on offer. We’d really like to hear more about why you like working at OUP, and hope you’ll get in touch to expand on your review: glassdoor@oup.com.

"Making necessary transitions, but it's a good place to work."

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Oxford University Press full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Still values the importance of the scholarship we publish in a very challenging marketplace. Good work/life balance, which is very hard to find. Opportunities to move around, though admittedly requires having a champion.

Cons

The balance between not-for-profit leader in scholarly comms is very often at odds with the requirements to return a profit to the University. Need more investments in the publishing operations if OUP is going to be an active participant in the new publishing environment.

Oxford University Press2020-03-04

March 31, 2020OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and we’re pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience at OUP. We are always keen to find out what we can do to improve, so if you would like to tell us anything else about what we’re doing well, and where we can do better, please do get in touch via glassdoor@oup.com.

Discover more reviews about Oxford University Press.