Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Welcoming, social, and ethical organisation

Feb 24, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Oxford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, very social and welcoming with a lot of different networks - valuing employees as people not numbers. Also mission-led and ethical, with an important attitude towards and focus on diversity and accessibility. A large organisation that offers lots of opportunities to explore new teams, functions, and locations.

Cons

Quite low pay across the board in Marketing/at lower levels compared to other commercial companies (though balanced out by other benefits).

Oxford University Press Response

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for your review, and we’re delighted to hear that you are enjoying working at OUP. We are so proud of our people—the enthusiasm they bring, their commitment to our mission, and their willingness to support each other. If you want to share any further details, then you can get in touch by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

10/10 experience

Aug 7, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Amazing, hardworking, and kind people + Interesting subject matter - you’ll find yourself unintentionally learning about economic trends or medical care or animal facts + Fair amount of travel (in normal times) + Really supportive leadership + Great early career support from mentorship pairing to shadowing opportunities

Cons

- Salary, but remember this is a non-profit publisher, so not entirely surprising! The PTO is very good for the US so that helps offset the salary.

Oxford University Press Response

OUP Glassdoor Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. We’re delighted to see some of the reasons why you enjoyed working at OUP, especially the points around our people and the supportive leadership. Ensuring our people feel rewarded for the hard work they do and retaining the talent we have working within the organization is extremely important to us, which is why we implemented our fair pay principles last year and continue to benchmark on a regular basis. However, we are always open to hearing more ways in which we can improve and would welcome your feedback by emailing glassdoor@oup.com.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!!!

Oct 19, 2021 - Human Resources in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation was strong. Human Resources was very involved in work/life balance initiatives. Senior Management is very visible, very involved, and can be seen frequently at staff anniversaries.

Cons

No cons were evident during my tenure.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Oxford University Press.