PAREXEL - PAREXEL RTSM | Glassdoor.co.uk

"PAREXEL RTSM"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

I worked at PAREXEL (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Some flexibility in working arrangements (e.g. WFH 1 day a week). Great location in Nottingham

Cons

Some misguided managerial decisions and acquisitions

Advice to Management

Listen to current employees and take the experience into account. Cut your losses and do not get entrenched in the problems caused by bad decisions. There's no point in forging on down a route that people know is wrong no matter how much money has spent to get to that point.

Other Employee Reviews for PAREXEL

1. "Great company but with 'old boys' culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work, mostly great, dedicated colleagues with great expertise and commitment. PAREXEL's global footprint means working in a culturally diverse organization with great potential.

Cons

I have witnessed and been subject of harassment and inappropriate behavior by various very senior leaders in the organization. This includes but is not limited to repeated requests for dates, lewd, suggestive comments, as well as unwanted touching. These incidents are not limited to my person only, nor are they isolated incidents. It is unfortunate this 'boys-will-be-boys' culture is condoned and has not been addressed. My attempt to use the external site provided to report ethical concerns failed as using this site is impossible from my region. I am instead asked to report to my management which I have done but it has not resulted in any action. However, in case of ethical-financial concerns I am provided with a direct phone number.

Advice to Management

1. Establish a proper platform for anonymous reporting, 2. Re-examine organizational culture at the leadership level. The once-a-year leadership self-assessments say nothing about what really happens at the senior level of the organization, 3. A lot of good work has been done. The company could leverage the diversity and inclusion, HR and organizational development platforms to shape a real 'high performing' culture starting at the most senior levels of the organization.

PAREXEL Response

29 Sep 2017

Thank you for providing this feedback. PAREXEL does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination in the workplace. All of our locations have policies in place prohibiting sexual... More

2. "Project Management in PAREXEL"

Former Intern - Project Management Administration Assistant in London, England
    Former Intern - Project Management Administration Assistant in London, England

I worked at PAREXEL as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support from middle management and team, good progression opportunities, lots of opportunity for lateral moves.

Cons

Very high workload at times, a lot of overtime is required (unpaid, with time in lieu)