Palantir Technologies - Solving the world's hardest problems with the world's smartest people | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Solving the world's hardest problems with the world's smartest people"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never before felt such a connection to meaningful work in such an impactful way, and my team is filled with some of the brightest, most driven and most impressive people I have ever met. If you told me I had to be stuck on a desert island and I could only bring three people, I would randomly pick any three people from my team over pretty much anyone else on earth, because I trust them that much to solve terribly difficult problems with ingenuity and a hearty laugh. Questions about 'work-life balance' sort of imply that work is not my life, and the truth is that my life would be wholly unsatisfying without work, and I am immensely gratified by putting in a hard day's grind when I see the impact on my organization and the world around me as a result. I am entrusted with massive responsibility every day, and the moment I demonstrate that I'm able to handle more: it's given to me. The perks are pretty excellent, too -- three free meals a day? It may be a Silicon Valley cliché at this point, but that doesn't make it any less amazing to have as a guarantee five days a week.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to convince yourself to take advantage of the unlimited vacation when so much exciting stuff is happening here and you feel like you're such a key part of it.

Continue reading
    Palantir Technologies2015-09-04

"Amazing company with amazing opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

From day one you get exposed to challenging problems and you help important institutions solve them by using data. Great company mission. It's easy to move from team to team and learn about different industries. Amazing perks. Every person I have met is interesting and brilliant. I love going to work every day.

Cons

Not a great relationship with media (we don't really have any). There's a lot of false/wrong information out there about our work and not a lot being done to fix that. People tend to get confused with what we do or why we work with certain customers.

Continue reading
    Palantir Technologies2020-02-13
  2. "Good place for great engineering!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting clients, good pay, interesting problems

Cons

Travel, reputation, career progression, location

Palantir Technologies2020-01-30

Discover more reviews about Palantir Technologies.