PatSnap - Amazing customer universe and mission | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Amazing customer universe and mission"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic customer universe and market place if your curious about technology and best practice innovation. Evolving and maturing ''go to market'' team which is working on some game changing strategies.

Cons

Very fast paced and sometimes choatic - guessing that's normal for a venture capital backed SaaS business. Also the founders are relatively young so sometimes get shiny toy syndrome:-)

Advice to Management

Our naturally evolving focus on ''innovation intelligence'' is very excisting and engaging. Please stay focused on this as I feel we are really on to a long-term winning stratgey.

PatSnap2019-06-07

"Great colleagues"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at PatSnap full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working for PatSnap for quite many years. When I just joined, there was a handful of employees and now we have more than 700 employees worldwide. I had the privilege to see fast expansion and I got the opportunity to work on different teams and tried different roles. Over the past few years I learned quite a lot from many of my colleagues we recruited, who have great backgrounds & excellent credentials.

Cons

as a startup company, the company built everything from scratch, from no processes to an organized organization. We pretty much started working together by instincts, but when company is getting bigger we need to introduce more processes and procedures. Glad to see that we are working hard to set up many processes.

PatSnap2019-08-29

"So much promise..."

Former Employee - Director

I worked at PatSnap full-time

Pros

I watched this company grow at a very fast pace. It had great talent, vision, hungry leaders and the ability to execute sales acquisition consistently. That was a recipe for success and the funding rounds that followed validated it. The success quickly faded away year-by-year as the CEO had no real clue on how to run a multi-national company and desperately turned to hiring VP's and MD's from companies who did not understand the culture nor have alignment with the existing senior management team. Once he hired them he did not have the competency or courage to try and manage them.

Cons

The CEO became complacent in the last 2.5 years - there is some correlation here... once he and the founders quietly cashed out on their stock the company tumbled dramatically. Continuously preaching about the market size and opportunity is not going to hide the fact that you clearly checked-out some time ago and now you don't know what to do. The current culture is toxic throughout the entire company. In London they have more than halved their headcount - Toronto can't even close a single new business deal and LA is moving backwards. The Chinese operation needs a whole glassdoor review itself because nobody actually knows what they do and how much they contribute to the overall business but many errors were also made there that have been swept under the carpet. When is the CEO going to take responsibility for any of these errors? Why has he not learnt from his previous mistakes? every week a mixture of senior VP's and junior staff members are leaving. I don't foresee it stopping. The CEO has presented his life story maybe 30 times to the entire company hoping this will do something to change the culture and business trajectory - Not really sure what to say about that anymore as he has tried it so many times it's almost as if he is forgetting that he is doing it. I urge staff to stop being pressured into writing fake reviews on here to cover up the catastrophe of errors and mistakes made. If this company is to survive it needs complete new management and the CEO and founders must step aside.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror... Stop fooling your staff they may be polite and not challenge you to your face but they can see straight through the endless spinning you do. It's time to thank everyone politely and leave. Every week the company's valuation is falling, people are leaving and the culture is worsening. If you really care for the company then do what it is right and let the company move forward and grow.

PatSnap2019-06-17

Discover more reviews about PatSnap.