Pets at Home - Always learning new things and very fun place to work. | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
  • "good benefits working with animals" (in 25 reviews)

• "Helping customers with queries and them leaving satisfied and also getting 20% discount and not a lot else to put for this" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Seems like anyone above store manager level is hiding away (area managers - what is going on" (in 22 reviews)

• "Work/life balance is non-existent" (in 10 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Always learning new things and very fun place to work."

Current Employee - Store Colleague in Manchester, England
Current Employee - Store Colleague in Manchester, England

I have been working at Pets at Home full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact we learn all the time, good pay and benefits and always good fun. Also lots of promotion and training oppotunities

Cons

Dealing with the general public can sometimes be difficult but there is always support avaliable.

Advice to Management

My current store has really improved recently thanks to the extra funding and attention from Area and Regional Managers, I'd like to think all stores get the same treatment.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "The most fair and forward thinking company to work for."

Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Pets at Home full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every day is different. A happy environment where your colleagues are friends and you are taught so much about products and encouraged to spend time talking to the customers and sharing helpful advice.

Cons

Retail is a tough business to work in with late nights and weekends, bank holidays and 365 days a year animal care but it goes with the job. Training is intense but knowledge is power and the more we learn the more we can help.

Advice to Management

Stay true to our values as they mean so much to all of us.

2. "Enjoyable and pleasant"

Current Employee - Twighlight in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Twighlight in Leicester, England

I have been working at Pets at Home part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with all my team members and there's just so much you can learn about pets at home is like my seconded family and we are all there to help and support one and other coz we work as a team and we take pride in what we do and do it to the highest standard pets at home is a place everyone would enjoy working for couldn't think of a better place to work

Cons

Unhappy customers but the benefits of working for pets have to be the benefits like paid birthday off and the bike to work scheme

Advice to Management

Non as the management are the best and are trained to a high standard and are always there to support you in every way they can

Discover more reviews about Pets at Home.