Employee Review

Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Flexible and supportive company

Feb 24, 2020 - Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've found Plural to be incredibly supportive of the work I've done on freelance projects with them, as well as being encouraging of my work outside of the company. They're a very inclusive and sociable company and make an effort to get to know their employees.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons.

2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing

Jul 7, 2021 - Content Strategist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic place to work and make connections.

Cons

The benefits are just ok

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to start your career

Apr 8, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plural Strategy is a great and fun place to learn how to develop a strong strategic mind as well as how to operate as an effective, entrepreneurial businessman/woman. First and foremost, I met some of the smartest people in the world at Plural. The work is challenging and from a more junior perspective, you learn so much from senior members of the team as well as other analysts / associates. The work Plural does is really excellent and alongside that great work I found myself developing a really strong understanding of how to consult well and more broadly think from a business strategy perspective. From day 1, whether as a new intern, analyst or more senior member, employees have a real responsibility to contribute to projects. Nobody expects a new hire to know everything out of the gate, but as he or she learns, the responsibility ramps up quickly. The more someone wants to contribute, the better. And I can say that as someone who was at Plural and is now looking to move to an in-house strategy role, you will be exposed to so many diverse projects and problems and with that, develop great technical and communicative skills that are highly transferable. However much phrases like "exposure to senior stakeholders", "making an impact", "entrepreneurial spirit", etc. make me want to gag, those are as true as ever at Plural. On top of the work side of things, Plural, as a ~40 employee company (up from ~15 when I joined in 2017), continues to have many small company quirks (e.g. an above-average company band, an awesome 5-day company trip to somewhere sunny in Europe - aka Spain, quarterly socials) that make it a super rare and fun place to work. These aren't by accident - from the get-go management has continued to make an effort to complement the hard working lifestyle with a good time both inside and outside of work.

Cons

There are some cons, but the theme here just is: know what you're getting yourself into. This is a growing management consulting firm, so the hours are super long (expect work to semi-regularly get into the AM hours) and the appraisal process is tough. Extremely hard work and very long hours are the expectation, and while they do try to pay those back with an occasional day off, the work-life balance is somewhere in between the Shining and a gushy 9-5. And like I said the high-performing nature of the business comes at a price: as an analyst you will be asked to do associate work, senior associates work like managers, etc. All is to say, if you are happy to devote very long hours to do exciting, rewarding work and learn a ton while being held to a high, sometimes unachievable standard, then this is the place for you. On the other hand, if you want to consistently make a 6pm Tuesday trivia night or be thanked profusely for answering an email at 9pm on a Friday, then this is not the place for you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Plural Strategy.