Pret A Manger - this company is ok, nothing more | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "I'm often on shifts where team members are talking to each other in front of me in polish" (in 26 reviews)

• "Sometimes working extra long hours and extra days in the week" (in 23 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"this company is ok, nothing more"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England
Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

Pros

fast steping uo oppurtunity, good team,

Cons

early shifts, unfair money - the people in the kitchen usually working harder then the people at the till, but still, the money is the same.

Advice to Management

Most of the managers are really difficult, they forgot where they come from, please treat the people as human beings, We know the profit and your career are important but you don't have to be rude.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Barista Role Part-Time"

Pros

PRET has a good environment with lots to learn and you can adapt and progress quickly, it was an ideal part-time job for me during my university time.

Cons

Depending on the shop you get to work in, you may never learn about the kitchen (preparation and food safety) on the contrary to what they tell you before you are hired (that you will receive front of house as well as kitchen training in the first few weeks). This is not true and simply depends on business needs (if they require people in kitchen you will never see front house job facing customers)

Advice to Management

There are no appointed qualified trainers there like you promise beforehand, why say it then? You just have to learn as you go form your colleagues and not everyone knows everything perfectly, which may mean that you could learn something wrong or "not as it is in the book". For example whether you need to "waste an espresso" after cleaning the machine in the evening at closing or will it be wasted in the morning? This is serious issues and such seemingly small mistakes may mean that some customer gets a coffee with the chemicals in the morning!

"Horrible experience"

Former Employee - Team Member Trainer
    Former Employee - Team Member Trainer

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't tell too many Pros. Just that they give you free food depending on the hours you work, but nothing else.

Cons

Lots of pressure, and work colleagues shouting at you. Starting the shift at 5am. I haven't got paid. There're too many opportunities in London so don't end up working here.

Advice to Management

They should take care a bit more of their employers.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.