"Very average..."

Current Employee - Team Member

I have been working at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

-Very good salary -You get a contract -50% off food with your privilege card in every Pret -Free food and drinks while you work -Bonuses -Paid breaks -Paid holiday

Cons

The things that you can hear all the time is 'we are not allowed to do this, we are not allowed to do that'. Really? This company is all about the rules... The team members are NOT allowed to have holiday during Christmas time nor Easter holiday. The shop where I work is quite big and very busy. Our manager sets up the rota. The only full-time person that is allowed to have a day on weekends is her, that's it. Very, very unfair. Weekend is the worst period of the week when we have loads of customers and complaints that we have to deal with. Another disadvantages are very short breaks. Per 9 hours (very busy hours) you only get a 45 mins break, per 8h is 30mins break and below 6h is 15mins.

Continue reading
  1. "Good company"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good money Free food Nice people

Cons

Unfairness Takes time to grow

2. "4 years employed"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

room for growth, the possibility of weekly bonus, good hourly pay

Cons

I've worked in several stores and unfortunately, the rules are not the same under every manager, there is clear favoritism, people are overworked and taken advantage of.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.