Pret A Manger - Not kitchen, food factory | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "I'm often on shifts where team members are talking to each other in front of me in polish" (in 26 reviews)

• "Sometimes working extra long hours and extra days in the week" (in 23 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Not kitchen, food factory"

Pros

Money is not bad, working conditions are alright, free food, you can work long hours and some managers have really nice personality.

Cons

Time pressure. Sometimes the leaders forget that the team members are persons, not machines. Some leaders are lacking politeness, consistency and character.

Advice to Management

Not everybody has to be a leader who works long enough for Pret and shouts loud enough. Management should assess the personality, the leadership skills and the interpersonal skills before making someone a leader.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Worst first day experience"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

Pros

Nothing at all..... Not even a 0.0005 star

Cons

Management don't speak one bit of English
    Staff in the kitchen don't speak English
    It's really hard to communicate
    Lies about family team vibes
    They don't recruit you for your work ethic
    So the team decides who gets in (I'm telling you NOW if you are not Italian, Hungarian, Spanish or polish they won't pick you in LONDON)
    Ethnic and racial issues (if you don't believe me go to few stores ask who's a white or black British in the team)
    I'm telling as soon as they hear you speak a proper English you are crossed out man ..... If you are a British you will be targeted probably you won't get the job like my friend today or they will never let you progress in the business like me ( I'm in the kitchen 4months and people that really have hard time to communicate serve the customer at the till and God knows what they mumble)
    The place is crawling of them it's hard to let some other English friend

Advice to Management

Hire British people
    Practice English at work rather than using your language
    And stop listening to your fella country boys or girls of their stupid feed back
    Stop recruit only your people

"this company is ok, nothing more"

Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England
    Current Employee - Team Leader in London, England

Pros

fast steping uo oppurtunity, good team,

Cons

early shifts, unfair money - the people in the kitchen usually working harder then the people at the till, but still, the money is the same.

Advice to Management

Most of the managers are really difficult, they forgot where they come from, please treat the people as human beings, We know the profit and your career are important but you don't have to be rude.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.