Pret A Manger - Diverse place | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "I'm often on shifts where team members are talking to each other in front of me in polish" (in 26 reviews)

• "Sometimes working extra long hours and extra days in the week" (in 24 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Diverse place"

I have been working at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

Very diverse people, everyone is equally hard working and good sense of everybody being in it together. The pay is good for the job and the company policies really look after you.

Cons

Communication could be improved. Whilst training or if you're doing something incorrectly. Highly defensive personalities amongst management and very difficult to collaborate in order to improve and develop.

Advice to Management

I would advise more training for people in positions of responsibility. Task oriented leadership is of course essential, however people oriented leadership is what is going to make people want to stay at the job and work hard. Encourage positive reinforcement as well as negative, and ensure that management realise that they can make or break someones day and therefore their productivity

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good for a while"

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time

Pros

Quick employment, weekly pay, free food and coffee. Possibility to choose the closest shop to your accommodation. Pret academy.

Cons

Small salary, early starting hours (5am), very fast paced (even don't have time to drink water or go to toilet while working in the kitchen). Because of mistake of one person everyone can loose the weekly bonus.

2. "Flexible work hours"

Pros

Good pay, flexible work hours, u can work us many hours u want.
    Pret party, lovely people to work with .

Cons

U need to be quick at all the time and follow exactly standards of the company and is lots of them .... :-)

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.