Pret A Manger - Workers are slave. | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Workers are slave."

Current Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I have been working at Pret A Manger part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Nice and hard working team members.

Cons

Very bad management. They treat you like a slave. You have zero value for them. They don't recognize your effort. They thread us and show the door if we don't work very fast. So many people are not happy. I wonder what kind of manager training they give that manager treats people like crap. She is new manager, she is trying to get self satisfaction in this way.

Advice to Management

If they give value to people, they will lose so many good worker. Worker circulation costs much more than bonus that should be given for motivation. They need to design kitchen ergonomicly if they want team work faster.

Pret A Manger2017-06-15

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.