Pret A Manger - It was fine | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Flustered team members add to the chaos" (in 30 reviews)

• "Office culture is working really really long hours" (in 25 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"It was fine"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

Free lunch, working with people from all over the world, 50% off everything

Cons

Boring, lots of micromanaging, fairly low pay

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Good company overall just some badly managed shops"

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Free food and hot drinks, multi national team, 50% discount when not on shift

Cons

Lots of pressure in order for managers and ops to achieve their desired figures und their bonuses, favouritism and politics amongst a few managers and their staff. Unsociable hours, e.g 5am start. Everything you do get's tracked - voiding items on tills, how many customers a team members serve in 15 minute slots, how fast you clean, etc. You don't always receive a good training, yet you're expected to be Pret perfect. It can be too much mentally and physically. Shifts/rotas can be changed sometimes without telling the team. Pay isn't bad, but could be better with all the pressure some key roles have! Also there is a high staff turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat all your team members equally, give all employees chance to have a proper training in shops.

"Not much training"

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

Good pay, free food during your shift.

Cons

The environment was very stressful as you'd imagine, however it always felt like you're doing something wrong, even when you are trying your hardest. I didn't feel I received enough training and when I asked for some more training I was told there's no time at the moment for that, which made it even more difficult for me to be a better employee.

Advice to Management

Working in a high demand environment like Pret can be difficult, this on it's own will motivate the workers, there's no need for added stress and pressure from the management.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.