Pret A Manger - Favouritism | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "I'm often on shifts where team members are talking to each other in front of me in polish" (in 26 reviews)

• "Sometimes working extra long hours and extra days in the week" (in 23 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Favouritism"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal on shifts
Staff discount

Cons

Strong favouritism
Only comfortable place to work if you belong to certain races
Too many team leaders in one shop
Different team leader giving different instruction that newcomers dont know which to follow

Advice to Management

Should practice fair treatment to all staff irregardless of new or old. Favouritism is widely practice in my shop and staff that joined couple of month before me could make certain request that she/he doesnt like doing and the team leaders who all happened to be from the same country they came from, just agreed to her/his request and the duty will be handed to new staff like me....worst job and worst branch to work in
Team leaders act like they owe the shop and do and eat whatever they like and telling team member a list of food that not included in staff free food
Management should swap team leaders and managers to other branches

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Recommended!"

Current Employee - Chef in Cove, Highland, Scotland
    Current Employee - Chef in Cove, Highland, Scotland

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of incentives, very good discount in all shops. Opportunities for development. Lots of learning courses. REALLY good teams! Seems like PRET hires very kindhearted, good people.

Cons

The job is physically (sometimes mentally) very straining, you really need to push hard in order to work up to the PRET standards. The job can get really heated at very busy times. Keep your focus straight at all times!

Advice to Management

Newcomers need more training on the basics of working at PRET so that they know what to do for the team when it gets busy etc. The family tree should be complete at all times (having fulltime key roles) in order to have a smoothly operating shop every day. And please, please, please remind the GMs that they have to be the team's good example (especially to the leaders). Please encourage GMs to have more social events (outside of work activities) for the teams.

"Bad jobs for sometimes good people"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food until you hate it

Cons

Slavery for non British people

Advice to Management

Good luck with Brexit!

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.