Pret A Manger - Not much training | Glassdoor.co.uk
Pros
Cons
  • "Flustered team members add to the chaos" (in 30 reviews)

• "Office culture is working really really long hours" (in 25 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Not much training"

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

Good pay, free food during your shift.

Cons

The environment was very stressful as you'd imagine, however it always felt like you're doing something wrong, even when you are trying your hardest. I didn't feel I received enough training and when I asked for some more training I was told there's no time at the moment for that, which made it even more difficult for me to be a better employee.

Advice to Management

Working in a high demand environment like Pret can be difficult, this on it's own will motivate the workers, there's no need for added stress and pressure from the management.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Favouritism"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    Former Employee - Team Member in London, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal on shifts
    Staff discount

Cons

Strong favouritism
    Only comfortable place to work if you belong to certain races
    Too many team leaders in one shop
    Different team leader giving different instruction that newcomers dont know which to follow

Advice to Management

Should practice fair treatment to all staff irregardless of new or old. Favouritism is widely practice in my shop and staff that joined couple of month before me could make certain request that she/he doesnt like doing and the team leaders who all happened to be from the same country they came from, just agreed to her/his request and the duty will be handed to new staff like me....worst job and worst branch to work in
    Team leaders act like they owe the shop and do and eat whatever they like and telling team member a list of food that not included in staff free food
    Management should swap team leaders and managers to other branches

2. "Recommended!"

Current Employee - Chef in Cove, Highland, Scotland
    Current Employee - Chef in Cove, Highland, Scotland

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of incentives, very good discount in all shops. Opportunities for development. Lots of learning courses. REALLY good teams! Seems like PRET hires very kindhearted, good people.

Cons

The job is physically (sometimes mentally) very straining, you really need to push hard in order to work up to the PRET standards. The job can get really heated at very busy times. Keep your focus straight at all times!

Advice to Management

Newcomers need more training on the basics of working at PRET so that they know what to do for the team when it gets busy etc. The family tree should be complete at all times (having fulltime key roles) in order to have a smoothly operating shop every day. And please, please, please remind the GMs that they have to be the team's good example (especially to the leaders). Please encourage GMs to have more social events (outside of work activities) for the teams.

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.