Pret A Manger - Team Member | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Team Member"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

After 90 days, you can move up, as does your pay, by a good two dollars from the few people who were generous enough to tell me that without me prying.

Cons

Rotating schedule, you need an app to check your schedule, my location had a rude manager who cleaned up her act after I tried relocating. There is no HR, just a recruitment team who will give you phone numbers to where you wanna go. Overworked for sure; management expects perfection for their weekly shopper. You'll be running from the basement to the first floor, between tons of customers, and up to the second... floor. Workers wear timers for hand washing and for checking other dining areas. Also, I worked 8.5-9.5 hours a day my first week, and since I wasn't able to manually input my time, my manager put less hours during my first week's worth of pay, since she was too busy in her office during meetings and practically shooing away anyone who knocked on the door. I get that it's busy, but I wasn't welcome until I spoke up about relocating, and the people who spoke to me about relocating didn't get back to me after the first 2 calls. Not the best experience! Also, if you're in NY, expect to have an unlimited metro card, as workers and management will send you to another store to pick up boxes kitchen goods. Lastly, the uniform is ridiculous. The belt is almost unable to be removed if fastened too tight, there were limited team member long sleeved shirts where I worked, (I had to fit into women's shirts the first two days there), your clothes are on the floor in the dressing area, and you're not allowed to have your phone and wallet on you whatsoever. Did I mention that the recruitment team gave me an issue about my shoes, when I bought the non-slip shoe that was recommended? Very very mediocre business for high demands!! Get ready to sweat.

Advice to Management

Welcome your employees, request a bigger staff, be more upfront with punch-ins and schedules. Also, managers shouldn't be rude. If someone knocks on your door, answer politely and return the courtesy. Don't leave your new team member working extra hours since the schedule wasn't fully explained to them.

Pret A Manger2017-10-03
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22
  2. "good"

Former Employee - Team Member in Kirkby in Ashfield, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

bonus free coffee health insurance 50% off when your working and not working

Cons

rota is always changing long hours sometimes

Pret A Manger2019-10-18

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.