Pret A Manger - Team Member | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Team Member"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than a year

Pros

After 90 days, you can move up, as does your pay, by a good two dollars from the few people who were generous enough to tell me that without me prying.

Cons

Rotating schedule, you need an app to check your schedule, my location had a rude manager who cleaned up her act after I tried relocating. There is no HR, just a recruitment team who will give you phone numbers to where you wanna go. Overworked for sure; management expects perfection for their weekly shopper. You'll be running from the basement to the first floor, between tons of customers, and up to the second floor....

Advice to Management

Welcome your employees, request a bigger staff, be more upfront with punch-ins and schedules. Also, managers shouldn't be rude. If someone knocks on your door, answer politely and return the courtesy. Don't leave your new team member working extra hours since the schedule wasn't fully explained to them.

Pret A Manger2017-10-03

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.