Employee Review

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Barista

Jan 30, 2019 - Barista in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free lunch - Free uniforms

Cons

- Busy and stressful environment whit no support from management - Forget about contracted hours! You will be doing overtime most of the time, as there is a lack of staff nearly in every Pret

10 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Feb 8, 2021 - Shift Leader in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money Free food Nice people

Cons

Unfairness Takes time to grow

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A lot of responsibility for not enough money

May 25, 2021 - Leader in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I left my short lived career as to start a new chapter in life. The ideology of pret is tempting, your promised mystery shopper bonus free food, flexible hours, opportunity to grow within an expanding company.

Cons

Unfortunately for me its more like being in high school. The toxic work environment, favoritism, poorly structured and stressful work environment. Managers are always running around loosing their minds. People not caring wether they get their jobs done. Everyone who works here seems to only focus on getting their bonuses maxed even if it means working themselves into an early grave. Huge turn over, from the time I started to when I left almost ever manager quit. One store went through three managers from the time I started with them. I was asked to cover shifts more times than I can count. All while having a better position dangled over my head like a carrot and essentially doing the work of that position while not being paid the wage until my three months of training was completed and my online test were completed in order to receive the pay raise for the position I was already doing.

Continue reading
    10 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.