Pret A Manger - Not the best place to work | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - General Manager in Paddington, England

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great Parties, and nothing more

Cons

Not much support to the management from the Operations Team. Had to work there at least 12 hours, as there was no other manager in the store, due to some HR issue, and hadn't received the bonus, due to lack of staff which influenced my Family tree. As I worked in the satellite store, I wasn't able to manage my produce and was left with quite a lot of food waste, instead of having an ability to increase sales. As well,...

Advice to Management

Change the style of work, as well as try to listen to the suggestions from your workers. As much as they "Like to promote internally" you are still just a pawn for them.

Pret A Manger2019-02-07

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.