Pret A Manger - Not for british | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Not for british"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in London, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

decent lunches, 50% off when purchasing outside of work. It's ok for a few weeks to get started in a job but not long term

Cons

I felt like an outsider in my own country. I admit the European workers are the fastest hardest workers but felt excluded as I couldn't speak their language. The work is exhausting, loud, dirty. If you don't fit in you are an outsiders. Management seem stressed and treat certain team members better as others. Not for me, not for british. Pret expects too much for low pay. It was good to see how Pret works, but I'm disappointed...

Advice to Management

Slow down!! Train your managers! They look unhappy and stressed. I kept a low key to not become a target and just left. I have support to travel to see other options in my career choice. Take a good look on how to approach leadership in shops.

Pret A Manger2019-03-01

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.