Pret A Manger - Team Member Star | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Team Member Star"

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time

Pros

- The people who work here are great. There is a lot of team work and being able to chat and joke with colleagues keeps the job bearable. - Free food and hot drinks while on shift.

Cons

- It can be so busy that you don't get a chance to have a drink for hours. - Managers expect you to work like a robot and never get tired or worn out. - The coffee calling system is extremely inefficient and stressful for staff as we just have to remember all the hot drinks we have to make in our head - there can be 10-15 people waiting for hot drinks and two people making them. - There is no sick pay for the first...

Advice to Management

Value your employees and treat them with respect. Don't value customer opinions over your staff's wellbeing. Customers would get away with shouting at us and being abusive for no reason and the managers would just apologise and offer them some free food to avoid getting a complaint.

Pret A Manger2019-03-11

"REVIEW"

I have been working at Pret A Manger

Pros

They were very linient and i felt that the company needs more guidelines for workers

Cons

Bad management with some of the people i worked with .

Pret A Manger2018-08-15

"It Was an Okay Headache"

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, free coffee, they work around your schedule, and the pay is pretty good. Manager was awesome, but depends on the location.

Cons

Between grumpy coworkers, grumpy customers, and homeless people constantly destroying the bathroom, this place was just a headache. Definitely a job for morning people who don't mind hectic, robotic work that eats away at your soul one day at a time. The turnover rate was ridiculously high, and for good reason.

Advice to Management

No idea, good luck.

Pret A Manger2019-05-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.