Pret A Manger - Team Member Star | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Team Member Star"

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time

Pros

- The people who work here are great. There is a lot of team work and being able to chat and joke with colleagues keeps the job bearable. - Free food and hot drinks while on shift.

Cons

- It can be so busy that you don't get a chance to have a drink for hours. - Managers expect you to work like a robot and never get tired or worn out. - The coffee calling system is extremely inefficient and stressful for staff as we just have to remember all the hot drinks we have to make in our head - there can be 10-15 people waiting for hot drinks and two people making them. - There is no sick pay for the first year and after that you have to 'earn' it, meaning that if you get ill then you'll also have the added stress of having no money. - The manager sometimes changes the rota at short notice and can change your hours at any time making it very difficult to have other commitments, like volunteering or just planning a social event. - The emotional labour of having to always smile and be super friendly is exhausting and also ridiculous. We are retail workers not customer's friends.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and treat them with respect. Don't value customer opinions over your staff's wellbeing. Customers would get away with shouting at us and being abusive for no reason and the managers would just apologise and offer them some free food to avoid getting a complaint.

Pret A Manger2019-03-11
  1. "Great company, leader in its industry"

Former Employee - Team Member Trainer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training program, culture, benefits, career path, travel, compensation

Cons

Long hours, repetitive, managers get most benefit

Pret A Manger2019-10-17
  2. "Nice"

Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people to work with and pay can be good

Cons

Hours shortages and moving up in the company

Advice to Management

Great !

Pret A Manger2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.