Pret A Manger - Team Member Star | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Team Member Star"

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time

Pros

- The people who work here are great. There is a lot of team work and being able to chat and joke with colleagues keeps the job bearable. - Free food and hot drinks while on shift.

Cons

- It can be so busy that you don't get a chance to have a drink for hours. - Managers expect you to work like a robot and never get tired or worn out. - The coffee calling system is extremely inefficient and stressful for staff as we just have to remember all the hot drinks we have to make in our head - there can be 10-15 people waiting for hot drinks and two people making them. - There is no sick pay for the... first year and after that you have to 'earn' it, meaning that if you get ill then you'll also have the added stress of having no money. - The manager sometimes changes the rota at short notice and can change your hours at any time making it very difficult to have other commitments, like volunteering or just planning a social event. - The emotional labour of having to always smile and be super friendly is exhausting and also ridiculous. We are retail workers not customer's friends.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and treat them with respect. Don't value customer opinions over your staff's wellbeing. Customers would get away with shouting at us and being abusive for no reason and the managers would just apologise and offer them some free food to avoid getting a complaint.

Pret A Manger2019-03-11
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Team Member in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Payment on time good n fun environment

Cons

Low salary,they don t pay overtime although they ask you to work overtime regularly at least at Oxford street pret

Advice to Management

Pay the overtimes

Pret A Manger2019-10-09

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.